Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Quick Postgame Report

Not much to post right now, due to jury duty (my first ever) today taking up my time and the Duke/Carolina game tonight taking up my thoughts, but wanted to get a quick note or two in...

As usual, it's hard to find a definite source for delegate counts. I wanted to compare the actual results to my predictions. I checked my spreadsheet of predictions, and found i had correctly predicted the winner of 16 of the 21 super tuesday contests for the GOP. My misses were (with predicted / actual):
  • Missouri (Huckabee/McCain) - oh so close!
  • Alaska (Paul/Romney) - threw a bone to Paul supporters, half in fun
  • Minnesota (McCain/Romney) - Mitt's caucus organization prevails
  • North Dakota (McCain/Romney)
  • Oklahoma (Huckabee/McCain) - my birthplace lets me down

So delegate counts don't figure to be too far off. I was, as i suspected, too optimistic about Huckabee, even though he far exceeded media expectations.

P.S. Go Blue Devils!

No comments: