Sunday, January 6, 2008

Adding a 2nd Author

I'm pleased to announce that Huck the System will be adding a second author soon. My brother is now on board. We're a little older than the famed Harris brothers, and we're not twins (although we do share a birthday - the same birthday, incidentally, as Mike Huckabee), but we do share a desire for Mike Huckabee to be the next President of the United States.

My brother is the first person i talked to about Huckabee, not counting blog posts. Back in the summer, late June i think, we were at a nephew's wedding rehearsal dinner, and i broached the subject of the election. My younger brother is way more into politics than i am, and so i was interested in his thoughts. I say, "so, i'm surprised that you haven't made any comments on my blog posts about Mike Huckabee." He's ambivalent at best, expressing a concern about Mike being a "nanny-stater" because of the news at the time about his views on smoking. I tell him that he's just gonna have to decide which "deficiency" he can most live with.

Fast forward a couple of months. On his regular blog, i notice that my brother has come around, and is now supporting Huckabee. Bandwagoner, i call him (you know how brothers are). Then i decided to invite him to write here with me. He's a very smart guy (National Merit finalist and all that, two advanced degrees), a devoted family man, a strong Christian, and someone whom i expect to have some interesting insights on Mike Huckabee and this campaign.

No comments: